Each policy is linked to a .pdf document.
Berthoud Community Library District (BCLD) Policies
- Board of Trustee Bylaws : Library Board of Trustees shall be chosen from the residents within the Berthoud Community Library District service area.
- Circulation of Materials : Library lending policies.
- Code of Service : All patrons, whether in person, on the phone or through the internet, will be welcomed, graciously and impartially, without discrimination.
- Colorado Libraries Collaborate Card : Berthoud Community Library District (BCLD) offers reciprocal borrowing privileges to non-BCLD residents who are Colorado Libraries Collaborate! (CLC) program participants.
- Community Room Use : The community room at the Berthoud Community Library District (BCLD) is available for use by non-profit groups/organizations engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual, or charitable activities.
- Computer & Internet Safety & Use : The Berthoud Community Library provides public access to the Internet in keeping with its role of providing access to informational and popular interest resources.
- Emergency Closing : There may be times when emergencies, such as severe weather, fires, or power failures, disrupt normal operations at BCLD.
- Financial : The Berthoud Community Library District establishes this financial policy to ensure fiscal accountability, appropriate use of funds in support of the District’s mission and goals, and in compliance with appropriate laws and ordinances.
- Library Use : The Berthoud Community Library District is a library district legally established under Colorado Library Law (CRS 24-90-1-1et seq.) providing library service to residents of the town of Berthoud and its surrounding area.
- Long Range Plan : The Berthoud Community Library District (BCLD) Board of Trustees adopted a long range plan on August 4, 2011. This plan was developed through the combined effort of the Board, staff and Colorado State Library consultant.
- Nook E-Reader Circulation : Current Berthoud Community Library District (BCLD) cardholders in good standing may borrow a Nook.
- Nook Parental Permission Form : Before a youth under 18 years of age may check out a Nook, a parent or guradian must sign this form, as well as the Nook Patron Agreement Form.
- Nook Patron Agreement Form : Patrons must read and sign this form before checking out a Nook Reader from the Berthoud Community Library District (BCLD).
- Patron Behavior : The purpose of this policy is to assure that all library patrons have a fair and equitable opportunity to the pleasant and safe use of the library’s services, materials and facilities without being subjected to unreasonable interference or disturbance by others and that library staff have a safe and secure workplace.
- Privacy : The Berthoud Community Library District (BCLD) is committed to protecting the privacy of patrons, staff, donors, and other contacts.
- Programming : The Berthoud Community Library District (BCLD) supports its mission of informing, educating, and culturally enriching the community by developing and presenting programs and special events. Programming is an integral component of library service.
- Public Participation at Board Meetings : The Berthoud Community Library District (BLCD) encourages the public to attend board meetings. It is the policy of the Board to invite audience participation during the public comment portion of the agenda.
- Public Posting & Distribution : The Berthoud Community Library District (BCLD) provides access to community information by providing space for the distribution of free material and the public posting of flyers, notices, and posters.
- Public Records Request : Public records maintained by the Berthoud Community Library District (BCLD) shall be open for inspection by any person at reasonable times, except as provided in CORA or as otherwise provided by law. A person who desires to inspect or to obtain copies of records shall submit a written request (use Request for Public Records Form).
- Reconsideration of Library Resources : In both selection and reconsideration of materials, BCLD supports the Library Bill of Rights, the Freedom to Read, and the Freedom to View statements of the American Library Association.
- Request for Public Records Form : This is a request for access to public records maintained by the Berthoud Community Library District (BCLD), in accordance with the Colorado Open Records Act (CORA), Colorado Revised Statutes 24-72-201 et. seq., and BCLD's Public Records Request Policy.
- Request for Reconsideration of Library Resources Form : You will be contacted after the request has been reviewed.
- Volunteer : The Berthoud Community Library District (BCLD) welcomes community volunteers and provides several programs in which their assistance is integral to running the library.
- Volunteer Application Form for Adults : Application for Adult Volunteer Service in the Berthoud Community Library District.
- Volunteer Application Form for Youth : Application for Youth Volunteer Service in the Berthoud Community Library District
- Weeding : Collection Evaluation & Weeding Guidelines for Berthoud Community Library District.