"A room without books is like a body without a soul."
—Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC) Roman statesman, orator, philosopher
- Russia 'destabilising' Ukraine - US Fri, 25 Apr 2014 07:09:31 GMT
- The US accuses Russia of "deception and destabilisation" in eastern Ukraine, warning of further sanctions unless Moscow defuses the crisis.
- Search for Malaysia plane to widen Fri, 25 Apr 2014 07:56:32 GMT
- The underwater search for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane could expand if the first Bluefin-21 search yields nothing, Australian officials say.
- Arrest after Bali plane hijack alert Fri, 25 Apr 2014 08:31:58 GMT
- A passenger is detained at Bali airport after apparently attempting to enter an aircraft's cockpit while drunk, sparking a hijack alert.
- Tech giants settle hiring court case Fri, 25 Apr 2014 01:38:19 GMT
- Apple, Google, Intel and Adobe settle a US case alleging they conspired to hold down salaries.
- Mystery of dazzling supernova solved Thu, 24 Apr 2014 18:21:42 GMT
- An exceptionally bright supernova that baffled scientists has been explained - its light is amplified by another galaxy acting as a "lens".
- Iranians see petrol prices surge Fri, 25 Apr 2014 03:53:55 GMT
- Iran cuts state subsidies on petrol, sending prices up by as much as 75%, as the government tries to boost an economy battered by sanctions.
- Obama in S Korea amid nuclear fears Fri, 25 Apr 2014 03:41:10 GMT
- US President Barack Obama arrives in Seoul for a visit that comes amid concern North Korea may be planning a fourth nuclear test.
- Netanyahu: Abbas must end Hamas pact Thu, 24 Apr 2014 19:58:18 GMT
- Israeli PM Netanyahu tells the BBC Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas must abandon his pact with Hamas if he wants peace talks to resume.
- New clashes in Rio over dancer death Fri, 25 Apr 2014 01:53:41 GMT
- Brazilian police clash with resident of a slum in Rio, after the funeral of dancer who was shot by officers during unrest there on Tuesday.
- RBS plan for 200% bonuses blocked Fri, 25 Apr 2014 08:08:38 GMT
- Royal Bank of Scotland abandons attempts to pay bonuses twice the size of salaries after being told the move would not be approved by a Treasury body.
- Royals head home as tour finishes Fri, 25 Apr 2014 07:59:54 GMT
- The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have waved goodbye as their three-week tour of Australia and New Zealand draws to a close.
- VIDEO: Teacher tells of Boko Haram attack Thu, 24 Apr 2014 21:38:35 GMT
- A Koranic teacher, who has fled to Niger, tells the BBC about a Boko Haram attack on his village last year.
- VIDEO: British soldiers' week with Chinese army Thu, 24 Apr 2014 23:49:48 GMT
- The BBC follows two British soldiers as they take part in an exchange program with the Chinese army.
- VIDEO: Cambridges on tour: Highlights Thu, 24 Apr 2014 23:03:56 GMT
- The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have spent the last two weeks touring Australia and New Zealand, but their tour is due to come to an end on Friday.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Fri, 25 Apr 2014 07:03:46 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
April 25, 2014
Busy B's Story Time
April 29, 2014
Sweet P's Story Time
April 30, 2014
May 2, 2014
Busy B's Story Time
May 6, 2014